8.16.2013

t3-5: different gear used

Mr Ward told us that we should use bigger gear to make our car go faster. I already knew that by observing his past prototypes. However, he did not told us which small ones we should use, he told us to figure out. Kimi have lost her small gear so we have decided to share our gears. So I will use the small one while she do the trial with big one. Then after that, we would swap the gear and see when our vehicles go faster. The reason we are doing this was to see if the big gear would work better on one and not on the other one. I mean small gear could work better on mine and not on Kimi. But still, I predict that small gear is faster than the big gear. Because when I have had a look at Mr Ward and fast girls' cars, no one used big one, but only the small or middle one. I may try on the middle-sized gear too after. The smallest gear have 8 teeth and big one, I think have about 12 teeth. Below is the photo of the gear we used for our vehicles.


The left is photo of my vehicle with small gear and right is Kim's with big gear. We both put the big one on for the wheel. because it was definite that big one is faster than small gear. 



No comments: